Saturday, January 31, 2009

FOBulous

As promised, I said I was going to post about mobile home entertainment. . .well . . .here it is.

In the first picture, you'll see the finest in CHU entertainment. I have a 22" LCD hooked up to my Mac Book Pro. Below the LCD Monitor, you'll see the speakers. The speakers aren't much, but they work well for what I want them for. Below that is my Xbox 360. It's really not much, but it serves me well in the few hours i get to spend in here every day.


In the second picture, you'll see one of the best parts about being in Iraq. Cheap DVD's. I'm not saying they're completely legit, but hey, they're sold on post. They're relatively expensive here, at a cost of $2.50 per movie. In another base, Scania, I can get 6 for $10. I guess you can't win em all.



I've really started settling into my job here. I love the schedule, the job, and the fact that I have my own room. It really hasn't sank in yet, but by the time it does, I'm sure it will be time to go home. Only a few short months now, and I'll be out of this place and on to bigger and better things.

For the next installment, I'll show you a little bit of Camp Stryker, my home away from home.

No comments: