Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Trailer living

Life at Camp Stryker (my new home) is quite different than my previous six months at Camp Arifjan in Kuwait. Nearly every aspect of life is different, from my daily tasks to my living arrangements. I never thought I'd find myself living in a mobile home, but here I am living in a room in a trailer. Part of me feels like I should put a chair out front and start drinking beer with my shirt off. Thankfully, this urge is impossible to fulfull here since I can't drink here (not that I drink anyway).


The picture above is looking down the row of trailers just outside of my door. The concrete T-Barriers are for our protection, and are all around our CHU (Container(ized) Housing Unit). Well, that's the grand tour of my new trailer life. In the next installment, we'll talk about mobile home entertainment.

No comments: