Friday, January 23, 2009

A new kind of post

Well, I've decided that I'm going to try and update the blog as often as possible, now that I have a little more free time with my new job. So, this begins a new life for the blog, known as the "Picture of the Day" feature. As often as possible, I'm going to post a picture, and then describe the significance of it, and also give a little update about what's going on in my life. . .so, without any further waiting, here goes.


Posted above is a picture of my new workstation. As you can see, there is quite a bit going on here, so, I'll try and explain a little bit about what's going on. On the right hand side, you can see the green monitor. That monitor is attached to the "NIPR" computer. This computer is used to access, process, and store unclassified information. The computer on the left is the "SIPR" which, has access to the SIPRnet . A network used for accessing classified information. And no. . .you can't see anything classified in the pictures :-) On the far left . . . . .well, that's my personal computer. Have to have something to do when I get bored, right?

Well, that's what my office looks like at 4 in the morning. Until the next time. . .

No comments: