Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Forty Hours

Forty hours ago, in the middle of a heavy rain storm, my ride north pulled in to the Victory Base Complex staging yard, signaling that I was finally at the end of my journey. The ride north was nothing, if uneventful.

After arriving in the staging lanes, I inspected all of my baggage, which rode outside of the vehicles throughout the rainstorm. Luckily for me, most of my electronics remained dry. Some of my clothes were a little damp, but nothing that a little airing out wouldn't fix. After unpacking and cleaning, I was given the day off to rest and prepare for the long day ahead. My shift was to begin at 6:30 AM and run until 6:30 PM. This means that I will be working 12 hours per day at least six days per week. Many weeks, It is quite likely that I will be working seven days per week. For those of you who are not math geniuses, that means I will be working anywhere from 72-84 hours per week. That is twice most American's normal work week.

Despite the long days, I think I will enjoy this position significantly more than my last job. Posted here are a few pictures of my new home and job.

No comments: