Saturday, August 9, 2008

So,that's what 8 hours of sleep feels like. . .

Back from mission, and eight hours of sleep later, here I am! I must say, that's quite possibly the best eight hours of sleep that I've had in recent memory. I sincerely regret setting my alarm for eight hours. Had I not set that alarm, I'm quite certain that I could have slept for 12 hours straight. I think I'll stay up for another eight hours before I try and sleep again. Anyway, as promised, here are some photos from the trip this time. And even some video!

~Babysitter~



At a camp in Kuwait getting our trucks ready to go north



At Khabari Crossing, almost time to cross over into Iraq



That's a lot of 5 ton trucks!



You know it's been a long day when you're still driving and the sun's coming up



That's me! I'm at Camp Adder (Tallil AFB), Iraq. . . exhausted



My driver, PVT Pool! He's probably listening to a musical right here. . .



This is Southern Iraq




This is a video of us driving in Southern Iraq




All of our stuff laid out on the trailer. . .we don't pack light



Care package! Thank you!



Me with Moses, one of the Third Country Nationals (TCN's) These are the guys that drive the trucks with us on convoys.



Doing our After Action Review (AAR), we were all exhausted and couldn't wait to get into our beds.

No comments: