Sunday, October 26, 2008

Mud Pit

Last night, I saw my first true rain storm in almost four months. I swore to myself after Camp Atterbury, I didn't want to see another drop of rain, and for awhile, I had my wish. Back to last night . . . Driving North to Baghdad, it was quite a sight to see! Lightning lit up the northern sky, and it had already rained a few inches farther south. Anywhere there was but a speck of mud turned into a mud pit. It's definitely going to take at least an hour to wash all of it off of my truck! (Pictures to follow!)

The rain marks a changing of the seasons. Fall, and to a greater extent, Winter has arrived. Winter is the real rainy season here in Iraq, and for the next few months, this country will be a giant mud pit. By the end of March, I'm sure everything I own will be, to some extent, covered in mud. Well, that's all I really have for now. I'll definitely update more when I get back to Kuwait!

By the way, for those who are interested, only 45 more days until leave! That means I only have a few more missions before I get to go home! :-)

No comments: