Monday, January 7, 2008

The Start of an Adventure

January 5, 2008: It became official this Saturday that I was to return back to the middle east for my second deployment. This news didn't come as a great surprise really, it just made it official. Once I was transferred to my current unit, it was understood that they would be deploy, it just wasn't known when.

My last deployment left me wishing that I had kept a journal of sorts, that I could share with people while I was there, so that they might be able to understand what I was doing, and what the day to day life of a soldier in the theater of operations is.

Before I go any further, I would like to mention that there are a number of soldiers who have been punished for posting blogs, pictures, and e-mails that give away the specifics of certain activities in the area of operations. In order to avoid any possibility of this happening, I don't plan on posting any specifics about times, dates, numbers, or locations. Also, it will be difficult for me to post a journal entry every day, so expect me to post multiple dates at one time, and these entries will be transferred from a paper journal that I will be keeping.

So, I hope you'll enjoy reading future entries from me, and I hope you'll share your feelings, and ask any questions you might have. So, until the next time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey E whats up? So i read your being deployed again. Just wanted to tell you to be safe over there and keep us all updated on you are doing. I have heard how some soldiers change after being over there. Keep Safe Kid.

Big Momma said...

I happened upon your blog by accident. Just wanted to say THANKS for all you do for this country. Can't imagine the hardships you and the rest of the troops must face on a daily basis. Know that you are in our prayers, and that what you are doing is very much appreciated.